Welcome to HairColourIdeas.com
Platinum blonde hair color is the lightest blond hair color with a hint of silver. It has been always a classic hair color which is cool in tone yet vibrant. But it can be risky because harsh chemicals are involved to get it which if not used correctly, can damage your hair. So to prevent you ruining your hair we have got few platinum blonde hair coloring tips.
1. The best way to get it.
Platinum blonde is one of the most difficult hair color to achieve and maintain, especially when your natural color is brown. It is best not to try it yourself instead go to the safe hands of a professional hair colorist. There are so many stories of horrid results due to at home bleaching. Some have ended up into orange bozo like clown hair and some had to have their lovely long locks shorn off because of the damaging effects of the processing. If you have made your mind up getting this light shade of blonde expect a lengthy and expensive process particularly if you are going from a dark shade such as brown hair. It will take quite a while to get from medium or dark brown hair to platinum blonde.
Once you achieved it, platinum blonde needs lots of maintenance. The regrowth and upkeep keeps you on your toes even if your natural color is only a few shades darker. Because of the contrast, any roots that come in will look darker against the platinum. So even if you have light brown hair, the roots will still look darker.
2. The best way to care of it
Invest in a good toning cleanser and conditioner
Your hair will be quite dry and possibly damaged afterwards. So get a moisturizing conditioner and also a toning shampoo for blondes. Toners are godsend blondes and particularly platinum blondes. Spray-in conditioners and conditioning treatments should be used regularly to keep your hair moisturized.
Avoid intense heat from styling
Use heat protection treatments before blow-drying/using a straightening iron- especially after bleaching since your hair could be more fragile than usual.
Stay clear of chlorine and direct sunlight/tanning beds.
Going into swimming pool especially when your color is fresh will not be a good idea. Chlorine in the water can make your hair color to green.
Buy professional scissors
If have very long hair invest in professional scissors and trim your hair once a week.
3. Products targeting platinum Blonde
- John Frieda Highligth Activating Shampoo Platinum to Champagne
- John Frieda Moisture Infusing Shampoo Platinum to Champagne
- John Frieda Highligth Activating Conditoner Platinum to Champagne
- John Frieda Moisture Infusing Conditioner Platinum to Champagne
- Paul Mitchell Color Schampoo Platinum Blonde
- Revlon Nutri Color Creme 1002 White Platinum (conditioner/hair mask)
- Schwarzkopf Bonacure Silver Shampoo
- L'Oréal Serie Expert Gloss Color Silver
- L'Oréal Serie Expert Shine Blonde Schampoo
- L'Oréal Serie Expert Shine Blonde Conditioner
- Goldwell Color Glow Live Blonde Shampoo
- Goldwell Color Glow Live Blonde Leave-in-Fluid
- Goldwell Color Glow Live Blonde Treatment
- Tigi Bedhead Dumb Blonde Shampoo
- Tigi Bedhead Dumb Blonde Reconstructor
- KMS Color Vivality Blonde Schampoo
- KMS Color Vivality Blonde Treatment
- John Frieda Forever Blonde-total colour protector
- Lush The Blonde Shampoo